Back in the tank game....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok so got home from work and sitting out front in the tank was my neon dottyback..... So i am glad he didnt jump and be a snack for kitty

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Is it normal for the dottybacks to hide for long periods of time.... After the day i saw him.... He has been hiding again.... Wont come out when i feed.... Nothing

Hiding is normal...but not coming out to eat isn't. Are you sure it isn't grabbing food behind the rocks that you can't see? That's how my marine betas entire life is.

HELP..... dotty back stuck in overflow.... and can't reach him....

The only real way to fish it out, haha, is to remove the bulkhead plumbing and let her flow out into a bucket underneath. I had to do this like 4 times for a chromi that kept going into it. It got old real fast and is a pain in the butt to do....

Ok so i am having a huge diatom bloom in my tank.... I can't seem to get my phosphate level down.... I do weekly water changes of 7 gallons, change filter socks every 2-3 days, not sure what to do.... I am trying to find a good media to run in my BRS Duel reactor but can't seem to find any local..... any suggestions on where to get some good media at a good price

Yeah I got the Kent marine phosphate sponge and running that for right now..... to get rid of them until I get gfo

Okay so I was looking at adding 2 ecoxotic tricolor par 38 to my tank to supplement my current light has any one used these light and how well do they work...

So it been a while here is a full tank shot think I got the diatom bloom cleared up pretty good.....

Attachments

• 1398612184775.jpg
    1398612184775.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 126
I use 2 of the rapid led par 38's very similar! I like them a lot!

Well that's good to hear r you running them on a reef.... how do ur corals respond to the lights.... are you showing good coral growth. ...

Ya that's all I am using is the 2 par 38's! My coral certainly is is doing better then with my orbit I had first! Yes it is a reef and it's quite full! Colour is great and growth is starting to come around nice!

Sounds great.... wasn't sure how well they would work.... what size tank r u running them on

Also do you have sps in ur tank.... I would love to see how it looks

Ok so i am looking at starting a frag tank.... and I was just curious if it would work to plum it in to the main tank.... Do you think it's a good idea or just run it on its own system.... my thought process was only have to take care of one full system instead of 2 different systems..... What do you guys think.....

Frag system coming together

Attachments

• 1400532484134.jpg
    1400532484134.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 94
Long time no post.... just wanted to update everyone..... frag system hit a wall.... not building that now..... also built a new sump for my tank and got it switched out.... went from open 20 gallon long to standard 30 gallon with a refugium..... added my reefkeeper with sl1 to help watch my ph.... added 2 jebao wp25 wave makers..... everything seems happy now.... I am happy that my skimmer is now working great no water level fluctuations in skimmer chamber so that's nice..... and want to tell everyone happy 4th

Attachments

• 1404468869673.jpg
    1404468869673.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 82
Back
Top Bottom