Background!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

serena00

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay how the heck do you get these backgrounds onto the tank? They have nothing for it at my fish stores..

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

Problem is I already bought the plastic roll ones

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

first thing I use to do with those is reroll it the opposite way it was rolled and leave it for a day. then cut to size and tape it on.

I used some type of aquarium oil thing... Looked like vegetable oil. Smear that across your background and place on your tank. Then I used a plastic trowel to press all the air bubbles out.
Mine looked ugly just taped on, you could see the air bubbles all over

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Start up some hardy plants as Vallisneria spiralis in a backround! In a few weeks you'll get a live green curtain. Just sometimes you have to cut off new rods spreading in other areas (if no driftwood or stones as a barrier) of aquarium...

I use clear circle sticky tabs. I think Elmer's Glue makes them. I put one in each corner and they are removable if you ever need to take them off. I've had the same 4 tabs on one of my tanks for over a year now and it's still holding on pretty well.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I just used olive oil on mine, applied it with a paper towel to the background and put it on the tank, then used an old hotel card to smooth out the bubbles.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Okay thanks everybody. I'm trying it now. Can't decide on black or blue though.

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

I tried using oil on a plastic background and it didn't turn out too good. I spent over an hour squeezing the air pockets out and it looked fine. A few days later air pockets returned and I ended up removing the plastic because it looked terrible.

Back
Top Bottom