Bad Hubandry leads to bad tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john0087

Aquarium Advice Freak
Its been a while since I have posted here and...

I am sad to say that my small reef in on the decline. The worst part about it is that it is all my fault. The costs of the holidays, as well as a lot of traveling lead me to neglect my tank and let it fall into a state of saddness.

I have lost 1 open brain and my colt coral.

My annenome and all my fish are ok. It has been 4 weeks since my last water change.....

I am currently planning to rebuild my tank this week and I will post picures soon.

Sorry about this post as it really does not offer anything to the forum.

John

Sorry about the bad news. Hopefully the good news is we learned something. Hope all goes well with the rebuild.

Its great that you recognize the problem. Have you considered giving the rest of your stock to a friend or local reef club so they aren't met with the same fate? Its understandable as sometimes this hobby can put a real financial drain on us in the worst of times. We have to remember that we chose the hobby and took the responsibility for the life we support. Who knows, Im sure things will turn out better in the long run offering an opportunity to start with a fresh attitude and perspective!
I do hope you are able to recover but if not please consider sparing the stock a likely slow decline and death.

Peace!

IT takes a huge person to admit when they are at fault =).

You can restart. It happens, man. You can do it.

Back
Top Bottom