ballast replacement - go with CurrentUSA or other?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maximo

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've had a Current USA Dual Satellite 36" - 96w PC hood for just under a year and one of the ballasts has gone out. Should I replace the ballast with the same brand or should I order a ballast from some place else? Also I would like to add another fan to the hood. Can I wire the extra fan in with the existing fan or should I just add another power adapter. If I can wire it in do I do it in series or paralell?

Thanks,

-Maximo

If I were you I'll give the company a call and see what they advise, that's all a little too complicated and you don't want to waste $$by doing the wrong thing. :D

Well I'm sure Current will tell me to buy their ballast. I really don't want to buy their ballast again as the first one didn't last very long. As long as I find a ballast with the same specs I can wire it right in. I just would like to know from who or where I can get a good ballast.

send captivereefs a message. If anyone on AA would know it would be him. Plus I am sure he would love to sell you something.

The Current ballasts are pretty good. I would stick witht he direct replacement since it will bolt right in and fit easily. The only problems i have with the current stuff is the moonlights usually burn out.

Back
Top Bottom