Bamboo shrimp ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice! They have a nice color to them too :)

Thanks I'm really excited about them. One is hiding in an amazon sword but the rest are out and happy.

Here they are minus the one hiding

Attachments

• image-1985951179.jpg
    image-1985951179.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 83
  • image-3787856575.jpg
    image-3787856575.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 84
  • image-3968627.jpg
    image-3968627.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 83
Thanks I'm really excited about them. One is hiding in an amazon sword but the rest are out and happy.

They're really nice looking :) i wish I had more than one but my lfs doesn't get them in too often.

I agree! They're colour is gorgeous! They look like they acclimated well and are having fun exploring their new home hehe. Will be cool to watch them "fan" the current. I know some people say they are soooo boring cause they just sit there, but they look so neat! And huge! How big are they?

I love watching a group of them get into a pyramid and all of them open their fans. They are great shrimp to keep, but watch out, they are escape artists.

I agree! They're colour is gorgeous! They look like they acclimated well and are having fun exploring their new home hehe. Will be cool to watch them "fan" the current. I know some people say they are soooo boring cause they just sit there, but they look so neat! And huge! How big are they?

They really seem to be doing well minus the one I can't seem to find right now. 2 are on top of each other on the filter intake at the surface, one is very happy chilling on a leaf.

They are really cool I have a lot of movement in my tank so I don't mind something more sedentary. They range in size now from about 3/4 of an inch to over 2 inches.

I'll post some pics when they are out fanning.

I love watching a group of them get into a pyramid and all of them open their fans. They are great shrimp to keep, but watch out, they are escape artists.

Escape artists? Interesting my tank does have a lid but there are a couple opening in the back for the filter intake and the water return. Do you think I need to close those up?

Escape artists? Interesting my tank does have a lid but there are a couple opening in the back for the filter intake and the water return. Do you think I need to close those up?

I lost three to them climbing out, so now I fit some screen to cover any holes they can squeeze through.

As a precaution, I would find something to cover those openings with.

Thanks dragonfish holes covered. Just hope that's not what happened to the forth one I can't seem to find right niw

That is so cool that they stack on eachother! Have you found the 4th one?

That is so cool that they stack on eachother! Have you found the 4th one?

They are great I can't get a good pic but they're fanning eating and looking well. I found the forth one hanging out on the filter return, so they are all accounted for. This morning all were stacked on top of each other in the dark, put on the light and they all went their separate ways

Seems like I'm down to 3 shrimp from the 4 I started with. I turned I the lights this morning to find it looking clearer then usual on a leaf after closer inspection I thought I molted but now pretty sure it got eaten and the shell was left

Attachments

• image-385413960.jpg
    image-385413960.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 60
Seems like I'm down to 3 shrimp from the 4 I started with. I turned I the lights this morning to find it looking clearer then usual on a leaf after closer inspection I thought I molted but now pretty sure it got eaten and the shell was left

Sorry to hear that :( one of mine didn't survive either. Hope your others keep well.

Sorry to hear that :( one of mine didn't survive either. Hope your others keep well.

Thanks I'm sure all will be ok. The funniest or I should say weirdest thing was how he was found looking perfect just an empty shell

Thanks I'm sure all will be ok. The funniest or I should say weirdest thing was how he was found looking perfect just an empty shell

Has he definitely not just molted? That's what mine look like when they molt.
When my bamboo died he went a dark pink color. Either that or someone has had an expensive lunch!

Has he definitely not just molted? That's what mine look like when they molt.
When my bamboo died he went a dark pink color. Either that or someone has had an expensive lunch!

I first thought it ha molted, until I examined the shell, it seems the legs are still full, I think someone in my tank had a midnight snack. I'm just a little happy they were in sale for 2 for 7$ instead of 7$ each

I first thought it ha molted, until I examined the shell, it seems the legs are still full, I think someone in my tank had a midnight snack. I'm just a little happy they were in sale for 2 for 7$ instead of 7$ each

Oh dear! That happened to me the other day with an amano, I think my elephant nose had it for a snack!

I'm sorry you also lost one in similar fashion. I'm just trying to figure out which fish could and would of done it. I've narrowed it down to the GBRs, Bolivian rams or boesmani rainbow

I'm sorry you also lost one in similar fashion. I'm just trying to figure out which fish could and would of done it. I've narrowed it down to the GBRs, Bolivian rams or boesmani rainbow

When i had GBR's the male came to the front of the tank with one of my red nose rhino shrimp which my kids had bought me! It was like he was so proud that he'd caught it lol i must of stood in front of the tank for ages so the kids didn't see.

When i had GBR's the male came to the front of the tank with one of my red nose rhino shrimp which my kids had bought me! It was like he was so proud that he'd caught it lol i must of stood in front of the tank for ages so the kids didn't see.

Ah the exact reason I always check the tanks before the kids come down. The worst one that my daughter saw was one of her loaches basically inside the shell of her favorite apple snail

Ah the exact reason I always check the tanks before the kids come down. The worst one that my daughter saw was one of her loaches basically inside the shell of her favorite apple snail

Oh what a shame :( i do the same check the tank before they come down. The worst of it is the Amanos are my son's! It took me two days trying to convince him it was a rcs but he's not stupid lol

Back
Top Bottom