Banana plant question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishandmusic81

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've had this banana plant for a few months let it root and it's gotten pretty big
Should I just let it stay where it is and let it keep growing leaves and keep it's roots?
Or should I cut the roots and let the plant float?
Thanks

Attachments

• image-3202175171.jpg
    image-3202175171.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 174
  • image-414694558.jpg
    image-414694558.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 159
Your Banana Lily

Hello Fish...

This lily does best attached to floating driftwood, close to the light source. That's what I do with mine. Yours seems perfectly healthy planted, so I'd just leave it alone. If it starts to decline, then you may need to look at an alternative to keeping it planted.

B

BBradbury said:
Hello Fish...

This lily does best attached to floating driftwood, close to the light source. That's what I do with mine. Yours seems perfectly healthy planted, so I'd just leave it alone. If it starts to decline, then you may need to look at an alternative to keeping it planted.

B

Ok I'll leave it where it is and see what happens
Thanks

being nosy!

Hey Fish, What size tank is that? What substrate are you using? And what is that nice looking blue fishie swimming next to the neon? It all looks really nice.

Beautiful tank! :) could I see a full shot of your tank? I like your substrate. I'm going to start up a planted tank pretty soon. I got two plants and plan on getting more along with adding first layer laterite and flourite soon. What type of substrate do you have?

oldmanskipper said:
Hey Fish, What size tank is that? What substrate are you using? And what is that nice looking blue fishie swimming next to the neon? It all looks really nice.

Thanks 
10 gallon
Just black sand
And a dragon scale betta

smileyface9 said:
Beautiful tank! :) could I see a full shot of your tank? I like your substrate. I'm going to start up a planted tank pretty soon. I got two plants and plan on getting more along with adding first layer laterite and flourite soon. What type of substrate do you have?

Thanks 
Your definitely on a good start 
It's just black sand
The tank shot was maybe 2 weeks ago it's grown a bit more since then

Attachments

• image-4163052533.jpg
    image-4163052533.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 1,094
Fishandmusic81 said:
Thanks 
Your definitely on a good start 
It's just black sand
The tank shot was maybe 2 weeks ago it's grown a bit more since then

That's beautiful!! :D what's your large plant on the right? I think that's some type of sword right?

smileyface9 said:
That's beautiful!! :D what's your large plant on the right? I think that's some type of sword right?

Thanks 
The tallest one on the right is an aponogeton bulb like one those bulb packs you buy at petsmart lol i really like it but I haven't gotten another bulb like that since then

Fishandmusic81 said:
Thanks 
The tallest one on the right is an aponogeton bulb like one those bulb packs you buy at petsmart lol i really like it but I haven't gotten another bulb like that since then

Thanks! :D

WOW !!!!! That tank is very very nice,,,,beautiful !!! Very nice work !!! Do you have a secret??? hint, hint...lol:cool:

Jscoggins said:
WOW !!!!! That tank is very very nice,,,,beautiful !!! Very nice work !!! Do you have a secret??? hint, hint...lol:cool:

Thankyou :)
Lol I can't say I have one but I ran a DIY co2 for a bit but I'm pretty sure it has a leak so I'm waiting to fix it
And I've seen how well flourish helps so I'm buying some as soon as i get the chance

very nice tank.

if your banana plant has runners that are buried, you can uncover them and they will reach for the surface and make a lilypad.

what kind of lighting do you have?

Gish said:
very nice tank.

if your banana plant has runners that are buried, you can uncover them and they will reach for the surface and make a lilypad.

what kind of lighting do you have?

Thanks 
What exactly will the runners look like? I can just see white roots that hit the glass like in the picture above
And two 6500k bulbs

The runners come off the top of the bananas like a long leaf stem. I think you may have them on ur pic. The roots come out from the bottom of the bananas

On my pic u can see a runner going to the surface snd a leaf just unfurled

image-1240104706.jpg

image-458358613.jpg

I didn't start getting runners that made leaves until I started dosing Brightwell Florinmulti a month ago. that may also just be coincidence, though

Gish said:
I didn't start getting runners that made leaves until I started dosing Brightwell Florinmulti a month ago. that may also just be coincidence, though

Interesting I was gonna pass by tomorrow to get something to dose my plants with I've seen it make a difference for some people so hopefully it will for me

Back
Top Bottom