BC29 updated pics tank is 9+ months old

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dino,
You are dosing 2 part right? How was the tank before and after you started dosing? What targets do you dose to?

fort384 said:
Dino,
You are dosing 2 part right? How was the tank before and after you started dosing? What targets do you dose to?

Hey Justin,

Yes I started dosing B-ionic 2 part a little over a month ago due to my calcium and alkalinity levels being low. I started at the recommended dose of 6mL, it wasn't helping with my levels over a 3 week period so I upped it to 8mL's every night.

The tank is doing well and I see nice growth in mostly the monti's and my leathers. Also my brains seem to be responding well.

I've tested the water and the calcium is now 480 and alkalinity is 12.

Oh an before dosing things looked good also but I will add that I do see a difference after dosing, I was so against dosing when I started and this is my first saltwater tank. But after testing and water changes and testing over and over and doing my weekly 5 gallon water changes I started to see a drop in levels after about 8 months of dosing nothing at all.

Hope that sheds some light. Anymore questions please ask away. More then happy to share my experiences so far.

Last edited:
Good to know. My Ca is good but my KH drops from 10 to about 8 over a week. A 20% PWC brings it back up. But perhaps it is contributing to my follies.

Sorry to hijack here a bit, but did you have problems with the coral before you dosed or what made you decide? Just lower than ideal levels?

Edit: nevermind. I missed that last bit :)

fort384 said:
Good to know. My Ca is good but my KH drops from 10 to about 8 over a week. A 20% PWC brings it back up. But perhaps it is contributing to my follies.

Sorry to hijack here a bit, but did you have problems with the coral before you dosed or what made you decide? Just lower than ideal levels?

Edit: nevermind. I missed that last bit :)

It's cool man no need to apologize, yes I dosed solely because levels were less then ideal and I've seen a burst in coral growth.

I'll keep posting new pics as things grow. I figure by Christmas I'll have some more good growth and nice pics (knock on wood)

Looks like I'm going to be in the market for (32g max) marine tank in a few weeks, will be following this thread and taking a lot of notes, stunning tank!

Back
Top Bottom