BCarl's 26 gallon Bf Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pogo and purple cabomba look great! The rotala looks okay. Some tips of the ludwigia are stunted but my Co2 was a little low last week. Keeping it going for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Pogo and purple cabomba look great! The rotala looks okay. Some tips of the ludwigia are stunted but my Co2 was a little low last week. Keeping it going for now.

Cool cool...thought about the purple cabomba for a new background plant...do you mind sharing a pic of what you have growing?

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

img_3233109_0_b48ad65b48a128d8a361e334ba5694c8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img_3233109_1_85dc569d679a2bd3404bf461623b74be.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img_3233109_2_66452e17295c170d2d0500fcdf5f99e7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img_3233109_3_4878697aab52d6542795075d40068571.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It really does love the high light. Only issues i've had with it is occasionally the bottoms of the stems will just rot. If you trim the dead part and replant the stem is fine.

So the plants like the new water huh?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So the plants like the new water huh?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So far so good! I am thinking about adding traces back in. I don't like the ludwigia tips. They were fine before with the traces. Still seeing some weird melting in older leaves. I think it's been a little over a week since the water switch (2 water changes).

If I had to rank my plants in terms of health over the past 3 months it would be:
1) Pogo
2) Purple Cabomba
3) Red Ludwigia
4) Bylxa Jap.

It really does love the high light. Only issues i've had with it is occasionally the bottoms of the stems will just rot. If you trim the dead part and replant the stem is fine.

Thx for posting those pics,gives me something to think about...

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks! I hope so too. Ive added micros back after seeing the tips of the ludwigia began showing a typical micro deficiency. Another interesting observation is the stems that are in the eco complete occasionally melt from the bottom up. I have not seen any of the cups do this. Regardless of the outcome of changing the water, eco-complete is not cutting it.

Thanks! I hope so too. Ive added micros back after seeing the tips of the ludwigia began showing a typical micro deficiency. Another interesting observation is the stems that are in the eco complete occasionally melt from the bottom up. I have not seen any of the cups do this. Regardless of the outcome of changing the water, eco-complete is not cutting it.

Odd. Do you think there is something toxic in the Eco-Complete? I have Eco-Complete with a mix of Fluorite in my tank, and I don't see the odd growth that you have in my tank.

Idk if toxic is the right word. Its not conducive to a healthy root structure is probably a better statement. Im not anywhere near to claim that ecocomplete is to blame for the weird growth.

Hmmm (head scratching). Are your water parameters pretty constant? Are you changing things often? Also, try to think back to when this all began. What changed?

The water parameters are constant, i use 100% RODI water reconstituted. Over the past few weeks i have been blending with city water.

As for thing that had changed. We had a change in filter type for my ro system which we have ruled out. I had a bag of false K2So4 which we can also rule out.

The water parameters are constant, i use 100% RODI water reconstituted. Over the past few weeks i have been blending with city water.

As for thing that had changed. We had a change in filter type for my ro system which we have ruled out. I had a bag of false K2So4 which we can also rule out.

This is the probably the biggest planted tank mystery ever on AA. This bewilders me! Have you thought about trying to contact someone like Tom Barr? Maybe he'd have an answer?

RODI water can never be assumed 100% pure unless you constantly change filters and membranes

Tom of course said not enough CO2 but the forum has backed off on that and ruled it most likely out after the problems remained. The Barr Report and TPT thinks its from a micro toxicity for the most part.

Yes i agree Sk3lly. I change them when the "estimated" time to change them per the manufacturer is. I also have a TDS meter to verify. I thought i read a while back the the TDS meter only picks up positively charged ions, so there still may be impurities in the water from the softener. I have to research that a little more. Or hopefully the bypass/city water combo will help :)

I thought co2 also. Im certainly not sold on this micro toxicity! A plant needs micros to grow, why would it then become toxic?? Especially if livestock are ok. Ive not heard or seen about this in any forum ive trawled through

Back
Top Bottom