BCarl's 26 gallon Bf Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seeing as the eco complete has a high cec, whatever was/is present in the water has been absorbed into the substrate, it's most likely being held and slowly leached back out. This would explain the stems rotting in the old but not new substrate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sk3lly here is a pretty good article discussing toxicity of CSM+B
Toxicity of CSM+B

I have a hard time buying it too. I was overdosing during the first 3 months of the tank, fixed my dosing washed out the substrate. I find it hard to believe that it would still be toxic after 6 months.

Interesting read...

Is the first response Tom Barr disagreeing with the whole concept of this? Kinda sounded like it to me. Know although I've not read anything by Tom Barr, nor do i intend to, i do know he's held in very high regard across the aquarium world. His thoughts on this are good enough for me

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I kind of agree with tom barr. Let me say I really take all that with a grain of salt.. it's really nice to be very smart and know lots of things about stuff that really doesn't matter unless you're.. well.. tom barr! I can't get on those high horses, people have agendas, these are just fish tanks for gosh sakes..all this scientific bloveating takes the fun out of it. If you always need to find something wrong and correct it?? Cancer research would be a more benificial vehicle for that never ending search.. I literally go through the motions and adjust on the fly. I do read quite a bit on here, i also stop reading quite a bit on here.. i don't know sk3lly from Adams cat but I do know he keeps it simple but stays on his routine like a military tanker. Trial and error... think about it as much as you'd like. Ignore the obvious because it doesn't coincide with rational thought?? It's just a fish tank.. :soap box revoked, my thumbs hurt:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Man! That was the longest Brookster post in A WHILE! I agree I think Tom can have an agenda and some of his methods work and others i don't agree with. I find he is too quick to turn to CO2 for EVERYTHING. I'd say in about 75% of the cases he is right but its not an end all be all for every tank.

Anywho.... I added micros back and am seeing a little unstunted growth out of the mini. I was seeing classic symptoms of micro deficiency in multiple plants. Something I found yesterday while drinking my coffee was some discussion that Cabomba was salt tolerant which explains why I haven't had much issues with it. Also the weird thing with the stems rotting from the bottom up would happen to me in my old tank with green cabomba so I think it just something with the eco.

Also the weird thing with the stems rotting from the bottom up would happen to me in my old tank with green cabomba so I think it just something with the eco.

Is this an issue other eco complete users have? Im not so sure

Here's some pictures, I did a water change today. Seeing some new good growth from the mini. Some tips are still twisted but I think its due to cutting micros. I haven't trimmed the tops yet.
img_3237307_0_02ad8056e9b4caf7cfe8d67ab196c545.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img_3237307_1_63db8dbd29c3dc5a38cc82661b64fb10.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img_3237307_2_680e5ca32c79966fba7ab8f954dca68b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img_3237307_3_bc7676f0176f059182465cf7bd06e6d1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Slowly getting better, we will see what happens over the next few weeks. Due for another trim though!

Slowly getting better, we will see what happens over the next few weeks. Due for another trim though!

Cool B...when there's need for a trim seems like it's a good indicator things maybe headed in the right direction...

sit in silence...

Got any ar mini u giving away? Lol still looking around your thread

Sent from my LG-D851 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lol well i found one pic of the repens but couldnt tell much by it

On 72 and hmmmmm

What we've figured out is star repens melts for many reasons. Some including CO2, Potassium, and potentially salt. The reason I asked if it looks similar is to figure out if maybe salt is affecting the s.repens to the point to where they melt. Different plants have different tolerances to salt, some of your other plants can grow fine (Cabomba) and others do not like it (Maybe S.Repens).

Yeah maybe i still got a bit of salt in my tank? Lol idk

Did a huge trim today, if the tank continues down the path we are on I will strongly consider getting some new plants and reworking the center of the tank.
img_3238528_0_50fc6278aacd3ebac19488aa347baccf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom