BCarl's 26 gallon Bf Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks! Don't jinx it though! The ludwigia is hard to have between the grass and I have been letting it get to tall. Id love to get some rotala colorata in the back with another plant(maybe the macandra) with some bonsai in front of it. We will see what happens over the next 2-3 weeks.

So far so good! When I get back home I am going to test the hose reel I had the RO hooked up to when I started the tank. Im pretty sure it goes through the softener but it would explain A LOT if it doesn't :)

Thanks! Don't jinx it though! The ludwigia is hard to have between the grass and I have been letting it get to tall. Id love to get some rotala colorata in the back with another plant(maybe the macandra) with some bonsai in front of it. We will see what happens over the next 2-3 weeks.

If you were local I'd hook the mac right on up...

sit in silence...

I have some in there, just slow to come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Melting is starting again, downoi is actually showing some symptoms and the other leaves of the repens. The Ludwigia red leaves are cupped downwards. There has been a total of 3 10 gallon water changes so far. I am back to my normal micros, been there for the past week. Any thoughts?

Melting is starting again, downoi is actually showing some symptoms and the other leaves of the repens. The Ludwigia red leaves are cupped downwards. There has been a total of 3 10 gallon water changes so far. I am back to my normal micros, been there for the past week. Any thoughts?

So your thinking it's overdosing micros?

I cannot see how you can be doing this on pps pro dosing. It's kind of impossible on EI too if the instructions are followed.

I saw some advice on EI dosing on another forum. EI = K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple Stupid!)

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I agree it would be weird to pin it on micros, if anything i dont have enough. Still could be some of the older water effecting it? It could take more water changes to really get it all.

Have you put your hands in the tank? Are your thumbs brown??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

LOL brookster.....

As for the CO2 I still have a pH drop of 1.3 and do not have any algae. I don't think an aquarist can be 100% sure with CO2 but i'm fairly confident.

I think this is the point last time when I ditched the RO water not from the softener change.

LOL brookster.....

As for the CO2 I still have a pH drop of 1.3 and do not have any algae. I don't think an aquarist can be 100% sure with CO2 but i'm fairly confident.

I think this is the point last time when I ditched the RO water not from the softener change.

I'd give it time with the new water that you are introducing. Wouldn't it make sense for your plants to melt a little bit anyway with the change in conditions water wise? The plants seem to be doing much better!

Its been 3 weeks with new water, I would accept that whatever is getting through my RO system (if thats what it is) is not 100% out of the tank. The tips of the L.Repens Red look like a classic micro deficiency, leaves curled under and twisted. I sucks that the one great stem of Downoi I had it being effected.

I just wanted you guys to know i hate this tank just as much as you hate reading this thread :) happy friday!

Don't hate it.. just want to throw a rock at it;) hooray friday!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The mess on the floor would about be equal to the frustration of the tank.... hmmmm sounds like a good way to shake it up a bit...

I just wanted you guys to know i hate this tank just as much as you hate reading this thread :) happy friday!

More melting? Ugh. Aren't you going to be moving soon? Maybe it's time for you to plan out a new tank, and in the meantime, still try to fix this tank...if you don't throw a rock at it first.

Januaryish so still plenty of time to suffer with the current setup. But the water "issue" will be resolved, and I will be changing to aquasoil. It's weird, only one stem of s.repens melted, downoi has joined the party. The AR mini that was very promising is now putting out ugly growth. It almost seems like the melts come in 10-12 day cycles.

Dang B..can't win for losing with this tank,are you 100% convinced it is a source water issue?

sit in silence...

Back
Top Bottom