Beamswork Lighting for Low Tech Planted?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ghillie115

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I'm looking to upgrade the light on my 55gal to LED, and I'm thinking about getting this: Beamswork EA Timer 6500K 0.50W LED Aquarium Light Freshwater Plant.

Ideally I want between 15 to 30 par, at 18", probably a bit closer to 30. I will not be running CO2. Planning on getting low light plants like anubias, java fern, anacharis, possibly some vals. Would this be a good light, or should I look into any other LED's?

So I'm looking to upgrade the light on my 55gal to LED, and I'm thinking about getting this: Beamswork EA Timer 6500K 0.50W LED Aquarium Light Freshwater Plant.

Ideally I want between 15 to 30 par, at 18", probably a bit closer to 30. I will not be running CO2. Planning on getting low light plants like anubias, java fern, anacharis, possibly some vals. Would this be a good light, or should I look into any other LED's?

Does it have a dimmer with it? I've heard they are actually pretty bright. I'd say it's likely to be too strong rather than not enough. I've got one on my 90g Oscar tank and it lights that up like a dream [emoji106]

Well if you have no algal problems in a clean tank with no plants it possible

Basically just turn it down 50-60% for low tech. I do that on my low tech tank. Works great.

Aight. Do you know of any options that would work with out the dimmer for my purposes?

You could probably go with a couple T8s and it'd be fine with the plants that you listed. By the way, there are many great varieties of Java Fern out there. Thor's Hammer, Ishikawa Island, Narrow Leaf, Needle Leaf, Threadleaf, Windelov, and even some new variety by the name of Lettuce Leaf.

You could probably go with a couple T8s and it'd be fine with the plants that you listed. By the way, there are many great varieties of Java Fern out there. Thor's Hammer, Ishikawa Island, Narrow Leaf, Needle Leaf, Threadleaf, Windelov, and even some new variety by the name of Lettuce Leaf.
Thanks for the list, I'll have to check some of those out. I thought about T8s, since that's what I'm using now, but I'd rather get something more energy efficient that I won't have to replace yearly

Get a finnex planted plus and dim it right down. Generally all the LED's on the market are strong so they require a dimmer to get them to your desired lighting level [emoji106]

Don't need a dimmer if you can raise the light.

I use spring loaded curtain rods for my situation but moving your light up or down is the same as using a dimmer.

Just a note for anyone reading through this thread

Back
Top Bottom