Beamswork par rating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr Vince

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all..
I pick up two beams work 4th generation led lights one for my 90 gallon tank and one for my 55 gallon (way to strong for the 55 without no plants so i went back over to my t8 fixture for the 55 )

specs
48inch
0.5w x180

print screen windows 7

print screen windows 7

plants all low light

i say about 10 swords
floaters and some red dwarf lily

ferts root tabs

heres a pic with one of the lights on the 90 gallon

image hosting services

about a month later i added the other light to the 90 gallon tank.

and bang the algae(bba Hair, green) got so bad that i had to give my plants a major major haircut and been double dose with excel .

cut the lighting hours down to 5 hours a day from 9.

I dont have a par meter, so i have no clue what theses lights are pushing out

Anybody have a clue ? thanks

Hello all..
I pick up two beams work 4th generation led lights one for my 90 gallon tank and one for my 55 gallon (way to strong for the 55 without no plants so i went back over to my t8 fixture for the 55 )

specs
48inch
0.5w x180

print screen windows 7

print screen windows 7

plants all low light

i say about 10 swords
floaters and some red dwarf lily

ferts root tabs

heres a pic with one of the lights on the 90 gallon

image hosting services

about a month later i added the other light to the 90 gallon tank.

and bang the algae(bba Hair, green) got so bad that i had to give my plants a major major haircut and been double dose with excel .

cut the lighting hours down to 5 hours a day from 9.

I dont have a par meter, so i have no clue what theses lights are pushing out

Anybody have a clue ? thanks
Hi Mr Vince how are you, glad your here,hope someone can help you out soon mate......

Yah, those things do work from all.accounts I've encountered. You dosing anything? Ferts, glut? Co2?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

thanks for the reply people

i figure it out guys Lack of co2 when i have two led lights fixtures on the 90. with one light fixture on its ok .but when added the extra light fixture on, my plants started to pearl like crazy and grow like weeds ,but the algae followed too after ...bummer

and as for the green algae ..my pleco died about a month before the green algae went crazy
that he took care of (will be picking up a new pleco next week)

brookster:
ferts .. root tabs only and been double dosing excel just in case i miss some bba that me be hidden in the tank that i cant see .

no liquid ferts and no co2..

40 percent water change a week

tank has been stable since ive been using excel .i dont see anything growing on the new leaves that are growing

theses led lights were so cheap to buy and i didnt figure it would cause major algae problems for both tanks ... lol ..

i know lumen is between 7000 to 8000 ,but par i have no idea ...

btw ricky ..i know you ..lol..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom