Beani question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gillie

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been wanting some of these fish for a while now, but in my research I've found a lot of conflicting info about their size, between 8 and 13 inches depending on what site you look at. So is there anyone that has experience with them that could shed light on their adult size? I'd really like to have an idea of tank size, before the few that are available are gone.

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

There are few members of GCCA who have pairs, the biggest males are around 10-11". I've personally never seen one over 12".

What would you suggest for a minimum tank size for such a beast, 75 gal?

I have no personal experience but I've been told they're your typical aggressive central and every member has their male and females in a divided tank.

I'm really only looking to keep 1 as a wet pet. The guy selling them has 4 around 3" so maybe I'll start it in a 40 breeder.

My LFS had two beautiful Beani's each with its own tank at about 3" even at that small a size they are terrors. All the research I did said 90 gallons I don't know why 90 over a 75 since I believe a 90 is just taller. 75 should be fine I would think. I decided not to go the wet pet route but if I do in the future a Beani will be at the top of a very short list.

My youngest daughter wanted a wet pet so I found a fish that matches her personality lol

Back
Top Bottom