Beck's 29g BC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You just want it gently moving in the current at least that's how mine likes it

Well Bribo, I've lost one branch but the other 4 are striving. Rotated the koralia and I'll see what happens. Salinity is back up to normal. Scrubed the glass for diatoms and looking good IMO. I found a pink hammer from ORA so had to get it for my wife :). Only way I could talk her into another coral this week. Also Phoenix should be here at uh end of the week! Will post more pics

Haha nice! That's weird about that one head though, hmm. I just don't tell my gf about my coral purchases until after lol. I just got two montipora digitata frags today but that ora pink hammer sounds awesome! Make sure to acclimate the corals to the Phoenix bulb as it will put out higher par than the one you have. I doubt that'll be a problem though since it looks like your two are on the sand. Post some pics when you get the new bulb!

Haha nice! That's weird about that one head though, hmm. I just don't tell my gf about my coral purchases until after lol. I just got two montipora digitata frags today but that ora pink hammer sounds awesome! Make sure to acclimate the corals to the Phoenix bulb as it will put out higher par than the one you have. I doubt that'll be a problem though since it looks like your two are on the sand. Post some pics when you get the new bulb!

Yea the problem with marriage is having the same account and trying to sneak a coral through is difficult. She said no corals this week until I said pink :). Yea still puzzled about the branch. I just turned it so you can't see it.

Well as long as the other branches are fine you should be ok. If you see brown goo then it's time for concern. Any ideas for your next coral after the pink hammer?

I love zoas. They come in tons of great colors. Duncans are great as well! Um I'm in an sps phase right now haha so maybe you could give a monti a try?

True maybe when you're ready I can try and give you some green birdsnest or some of my monti cap. They are starting to go crazy lol

True maybe when you're ready I can try and give you some green birdsnest or some of my monti cap. They are starting to go crazy lol
Awesome!!! That would be cool! I think I'm in the most confusing time right now. Trying to figure out spots for certain coral. I made my aqua scape like shelving but trying to figure out flow and PAR is nerveracking

Some pics

Here is the new coral as of today. Not fully bloomed. Lights are on

image-388271970.jpg

Bribo, here is a pic of the hammer with the issue. I moved it to try and block the dead branches. But this makes two dead ones on the same "trunk"

image-1410562888.jpg

Yeah I doubted that's the reason. Maybe dropping it really stressed those heads.

Back
Top Bottom