Beginner 75 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We all know that you are very excited and eager to add fish to your new tank. We have all been there at some point or another. But unless you wanna go out and buy fish to have them die on you or work your behind off to keep them alive you should cycle your tank you don't want all of the readings at 0 you want some nitrates if you dont have them then there is no cycle everyone on here knows what they are sayin you just have to take the advise. If you make sure your tank is cycled first it won't stress any fish with the chance at killing them and it won't stress you with all the pwc's you would have to do to keep them alive.

Trust me -- you do NOT want to do 50% to 70% partial water changes DAILY on a 75 gal tank! You have no idea how much you will hate water after that! lol

Srry just posting to keep with this thread. but ur ppm all at zero Is not good.. I agree with the raw shrimp idea

Hi again...I do hope you don't think that we are being mean to you or something. Everyone here wants you to have a healthy tank for your fishy friends. We don't want you to experience any losses as soon as you put them in. Fully cycled tank has ammonia=0, nitrites=0, and nitrates=5-40ppm. If they are all zero, you are not cycled yet. Fishless cycling will take 4-6 weeks. It might be done earlier if you will put a filter media and/or substrate and/or decorations from an established tank (fully cycled tanks--you can buy some from your LFS). Raw shrimp will help too.

If you do add fish now, like everybody else already have said, you will have to do at least 50-70% PWC daily, sometimes even 2 times a day, just to lower down the ammonia level so it won't be toxic to your fishes. I am doing that right now with my 10G unfortunately since I have learned the fishless cycle too late. So yeah, water change daily. If you don't want to commit on that, do the fishless cycle. And the worst of cycling with fishes is, it will take longer than cycling without fishes. Might take you more than 2 months. Who knows?

Just please, we are begging you to do the fishless cycle...it is for your own good.

Back
Top Bottom