beginner fish for a 10gal nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hc8719

Aquarium Advice Addict
im not quite a saltie yet, im still doing my research, but i would like some input on what you guys deem 10gal compatible, as well as a beginner fish. the tank with have most of its space available, im not putting that much LR in. i'd like to get a clownfish, but im sure they are to big for this tank. also neon gobies are out of the answer. thanks

I've heard of people keeping the smaller clown species in a 10. An A. Ocellaris or a true percula. Damsels are always nice. Neon gobie would work too.

as fellow nano(ers) do you guys have any personal preferances? its not that i dont like neon gobys, i just refuse to pay $20+ for something the size of my thumbnail. i know thats how sw fish usually are though.

Yes, you are right I was thinking most tanks30g and less are kind of nano systems. The original poster did say they are considering a 10g. It is recommended a false perc have at least 20g. I have seen them frequently in 12g nano cubes though with success.

IMO Yellow watchman are very cool. Unfortunately I have a cc substrate and it is recomended they have sand.

thanks for the links guys. one more question, i think im aiming for a clown goby, it says they're peaceful, but not social? should i have more than one in a tank if i get a brown clown goby or a green goby?

Back
Top Bottom