Best HOB filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paxdaddy

Aquarium Advice Freak
M thinking of setting up a new tAnk. In your opinion what is the best brand of HOB filter and why?

Laser said:
I've never had an aqua clear, but a lot of people here love them. I personally like the marineland penguins. There's a lot of room to play with inside of mine with adjustable intake and room for plenty of filter media. Amazon.com: Marineland Penguin Power Filter, 50 to 70-Gallon, 350 GPH: Pet Supplies

That's what I have on my 46 gal. I'm happy with it but I haven't used anything other than marineland since this is my first tank. Was just wondering if anyone thought there were anything better

Best HOBs

M thinking of setting up a new tAnk. In your opinion what is the best brand of HOB filter and why?

Hello Pax...

I've used a few brands over the years and now have Hagen AquaClear on my all my tanks. Good price and very easy to maintain. Accepts a lot of different filter media too.

B

BBradbury said:
Hello Pax...

I've used a few brands over the years and now have Hagen AquaClear on my all my tanks. Good price and very easy to maintain. Accepts a lot of different filter media too.

B

Thanks that's probably what I will go with. A lot of what I'm reading people are almost always recommending them. Thanks a lot !

Coursair said:
How large a tank? ACs are favorites, but over a certain size, canisters may be better. I'm running an Eheim Ecco 2232 on one of my 10g LOL

I'm just thinking a 20 long. Thinking about doing a planted shrimp tank

Paxdaddy said:
Very nice. What type of substrate?

Thank You.
Sand. Flourite black sand capped with Tahitian Moon Sand. Other tank is blasting sand capped with TMS.

Root tabs. Trim stems and floaters weekly. Have had about 100+ RCS. I gave some away to club members.

No CO2. Liquid ferts weekly after PWC.

Honestly the best I've used so far is pen plax cascade they are very well priced but nobody talks about them I love mine though!

an ac50 would be perfect for ur tank. i bought mine on amazon for $26, and you can get free shipping. i love my ac 50, and ive had both marineland filters and ac's, and im in love with my ac. i highly reccomend them.

Back
Top Bottom