best lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whitetiprs

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am planning to start a frag tank seperate from my main to raise mainly zoos and some other softies I want them to grow fast and be brightly colored.

What type of lighting scheme would be the best?

It will either be a 20Long or 29 gallon tank

I was thinking of going with a 250 watt 20k MH and 2 55watt CF 10000k/acintic and 6700k. This is alot of light for a small tank but I want the corals to grow fast plus I can then do some sps if I wanted to.

Any suggestions?

In a 20 long you could do a single 250 watt 6500k. It will be very yellow looking but it is the best for growth rates. If looks are your concern, a single 65w of PC actinic would offset the color, but since it's a propagation tank 250 watt 6500 would be cheap and very effective. You could grow ANYTHING you want!

well it needs to look good becasue it will be very visible in the house so the rubbermaids are out. Also it will be two tanks a 20L over the 29 gal one tank will get a 36'' coralife CF 196 watt fixture and the other a brighter DIY lighting system. both systems will be plumbed together.

T-5 HO's with ATA blueplus are supose to make zoos grow like crazy.. its not the wattage, the T-5 HO's put out alot of light, not that zoos need alot of light.

Back
Top Bottom