Best Root Tabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tcal01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I recently bought some aquachem root tabs. I know you can make root tabs. But what are the best store bought root tabs?

Personally I have used the API and the Seachem tabs. I haven't noticed any difference with the end results, but the API ones started to break down and cloud the water before I could get them buried in the gravel. After that they were fine.

Super_Blueberry said:
Personally I have used the API and the Seachem tabs. I haven't noticed any difference with the end results, but the API ones started to break down and cloud the water before I could get them buried in the gravel. After that they were fine.

Are there any other brands of root tab? Are the DIY ones better?

I was given some Ferka Stemma by a person I got some plants from. After a week I think it is slightly clouding my water. I have had the tank up for three months and never had cloudy water, always clear.

Never used ferts before :( disappointed...

Autumnsky said:
I was given some Ferka Stemma by a person I got some plants from. After a week I think it is slightly clouding my water. I have had the tank up for three months and never had cloudy water, always clear.

Ferka stemma is a brand?

Autumnsky said:

What substrate ? Gravel tanks can be cloudy if you don't bury tabs deeply. Or larger gravel may not work well at all. I have sand tanks. My one gravel tank seemed fine. I just buried tabs near the bottom. I use large hemostats to bury mine.

What substrate ? Gravel tanks can be cloudy if you don't bury tabs deeply. Or larger gravel may not work well at all. I have sand tanks. My one gravel tank seemed fine. I just buried tabs near the bottom. I use large hemostats to bury mine.

Sand

Maybe it didn't get buried well enough. Good tip.

**Spent some time thinking through everything and ...

I actually forgot I used two pellet things from API too. (Under different plants) Oops - Completely forgot about that - was given those too from a different person and put in spur of the moment a couple of weeks before the Stemma. They have a geometric type shape. It could be either one?!

The Ferka Stemma which had a small number, but good reviews, no mention of clouding.

Ferka stemma is a brand?

Ferka is the brand from out of Thailand, they have Stemma, Rosetta and a couple other plant nutrient supplies.

I bought some plants from someone and she gave me a pack of them, she used the Stemma to grow Hyrocotyle Japan. Super healthy looking btw, with a root system I couldn't believe. Good lighting helped!!! lol The Stemma is in the form of green and white capsules. Each good for up to 10 square cm.

Back
Top Bottom