Best shrimp food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Castillo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What is the best food for neos?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I feed mine S&C Aquatics veggie sticks with calcium. Ingr: seaweed, spirulina, carrot, squash, spinach, calcium, asorbic acid, dried bacillus subillis and dried bacillus licheniformis. It sinks, they nom it down like there's no tomorrow and the snail vacuums up any debris that might be left behind.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I use Han Aquatics food, mainly Special Blend and Fruit Mix.

My RCS are in a large community tank and any special shrimp food is taken by the fish before the shrimp get a look in so they have taken to commandeering the Plec wafers and nip at the Plec if he tries his luck. He fails! They also love cat fish pellets and squabble over them. They use number power to challenge the fish to try and steal food from them.

Sent from my iPad in West Yorkshire, U.K.

After trying many different RCS foods, I strongly recommend Shirakura Ebi Dama. Doesn't break up in the water, so you can leave it in a long time. At all. No water quality issues at all. It's made up of only vegetables, hard to give overdose of protein. Can't go wrong. When feeding time is done, it's extremely easy to recover from the tank with tongs (doesn't fall apart when picked up either).

Another vote for S&C Aquatics veggie sticks with calcium. Shrimp and snails alike love them, and they have excellent, healthy ingredients. I also feed my shrimp Hikari Shrimp Cuisine, NLS flakes and pellets, and of course they love frozen krill, daphnia, Emerald Entree, bloodworms, Freshwater Formula, etc. about twice a week for variety. Green marine algae in sheets is also enjoyed by the snails. Yep, my shrimp and snails are spoiled!

Back
Top Bottom