best thing to feed flame angels?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ntswift

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just got a flame angel this last week and i was wondering what the best thing to feed them is? I tried feeding him some mysis and he didnt really care for that. I tried to feed him flake but he wont come to the surface to eat. Then i tried feeding him the bio-blend pellets and he eats those but they sink to fast for him to eat. Any suggestions? TIA

Well I've got some brine shrimp so I'll give that a shot in a couple days and see if he likes that. Thanks for the help. Anyone else recommend anything else?

You said he wont come to the surface. Take some flakes and put in a plastic cup and swirl arond in water and dump in tank and flakes will go to the middle of tank. IMO you should never put flakes on water surface as fish will get air in their stomachs when they come up sometimes causing problems. Another thing is taking flakes and put your hand in water and shake causing flakes to fall to bottom. Just make sure no Finger nail polish is on nails or cologne on hands. Just some ideas

Thats a good idea! The only real problem i have now is that my PH's push the food around all over the place when i put it in. I'll figure something out though. Thanks for the help!

The only thing that my flame angel won't eat is nori. He hates that. I feed him Formula 1&2 frozen, brine shrimp, mysis, flake food, and Hara's Blender Mush.

He has 3 blue/green chromies as tankmates so he's pretty much always had to eat fast or go hungry. The chromies are real pigs :)

I have never seen them turn down anything. Do not feed brine as a regular diet.(has no nutritional value)

Back
Top Bottom