Beta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm looking to add a beta to my 10g tank and want to know if there are any problems I missed
I have 5 danos(will be moved to a 45g tank when it's finished) 4 salifin mollies(also being moved) 5 fancy guppies a Kuhli loach and a black Kuhli loach
Plants are hornwort and Amazon swords

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah I've been meaning to get more but my pet store stopped carrying them and I'm really upset about it cause I wanted a group of at least 10

Hey you could put the guppies in the 45 and keep the zebras with the betta..

I plan on putting the beta in the 45g once it has enough plants and cover to make it happy

Maybe throw in some kind of cave like decoration too. Mine likes to hide in his house ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421635127.464427.jpg

Ok. If the water is too cold will a betta just sit in one spot? My mother has one that doesn't move much and stays close to the top of the water

Sent from a pelipper

Need a heater at least 78 degrees. Bettas just kinda hang around that's normal...

Ok so I added the betta today(he looks beautiful) but now my Molly is irritating the other fish and strangely he leaves the betta alone which I thought he would go after the most

Sent from a pelipper

I believe your Molly feels threatened. May be best to move him over to the 45g. They also need a group to be happy or can be aggressive.

Not to beat you over the head here, but you really need to get some fish moved asap. Your tank is too small for danios and mollies. I know you said you are moving them, but it would have been better to have moved them before adding another fish into a tank that is too small.
Danios tend to agitate bettas. They are too crazy. It can work, but often it doesn't and especially not in a small tank like a 10g.
Mollies can be fairly aggressive and are well known bullies. This behavior is exacerbated in a tank that is too small, like a 10g. The molly may chill with more space. Generally, getting a breeding trio of mollies is one of the best ways to deal with their behavior. They are often very good community dwellers, but they get big fairly quickly and need space. They also have breeding on the mind constantly.
What are you waiting for with moving fish into the bigger tank? Is it cycling?

The 45g is being cleaned due to water toxic. Something in our pipes contaminated it and it kills small pets and can be fatale to larger animals and people so everything is put into tanks with treated creek water until we're sure it's safe. But on a better note the Molly is leaving the other fish alone and the danos seem to like the betta cause they hang around each other with no problems

Sent from a pelipper

Back
Top Bottom