Betta and angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
3 mollies 7 guppies 1 male or a school of female betta and 1 angelfish 1 blue gourami 55g fluval 306 canister 75 degrees hairgrass Amazon sword Ludwigia. sound good or any issues?

Keep calm and drum on

I could see that blue gourami beating up on the betta

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
10g betta, nano fish, shrimp
5.5g betta

Yesss kuhli are just awesome. So much fun if kept in a group. I have not had dojo yet.

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
10g betta, nano fish, shrimp
5.5g betta

Bettas are hit or miss with guppies because they can sometimes take issue with the large flowy guppy tails. Introduce the betta(s) LAST, introduce them slowly (ideally by keeping betta in a breeder net for a few days to watch how they interact with the guppies), and watch them carefully for a while after being let loose.

Another note is that Guppies & Mollies prefer alkaline water while Angels like acidic, but they've all been captive bred long enough that they're usually fairly adaptable by this point. If you start having issues it's something to consider though, as every genetic line varies in it's tolerance.

The guppies I keep are all short finned females. I find if the schooling fish are too colorful it overwhelms the tank when looking at it and I think simple is better

Keep calm and drum on

The guppies I keep are all short finned females. I find if the schooling fish are too colorful it overwhelms the tank when looking at it and I think simple is better

Keep calm and drum on

Makes sense, and that will help. Just bear in mind that female guppies nearly always come pregnant since they can store sperm for 6 months.

I foresee aggressive behavior in a mature angel and Betta. Gourami and bettas are like cousins, fighting would occur.

Caleb

I foresee aggressive behavior in a mature angel and Betta. Gourami and bettas are like cousins, fighting would occur.

Caleb

That's why I don't get fish without checking with the people on here first. I'd rather spend the time to get feedback first then get the fish or think of some other fish I could do instead.
Would a school of glass fish work with a school of female betta?

Keep calm and drum on

That's why I don't get fish without checking with the people on here first. I'd rather spend the time to get feedback first then get the fish or think of some other fish I could do instead.
Would a school of glass fish work with a school of female betta?

Keep calm and drum on

with bettas, it's always up in the air. It might work it might not. It might work for a while then one day not.

Glass cats could work, they are quite skittish sometimes so if the Betta is messing with them you could have a future problem. I've seen some female bettas they are quite docile though.

Caleb

with bettas, it's always up in the air. It might work it might not. It might work for a while then one day not.

Glass cats could work, they are quite skittish sometimes so if the Betta is messing with them you could have a future problem. I've seen some female bettas they are quite docile though.

Caleb

Not glass cats glassfish ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1432068597.123819.jpg

Keep calm and drum on

I've kept them before and they are very passive. I've never had problems with them attacking anything. They aren't colorful and don't resemble bettas in any way so they seem like they'd work

Keep calm and drum on

I've kept them before and they are very passive. I've never had problems with them attacking anything. They aren't colorful and don't resemble bettas in any way so they seem like they'd work

Keep calm and drum on

You never know with bettas. Give it. Try

Caleb

I have a school of boesemani

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Rainbow fish with my Angels...very beautiful active peaceful fish...just a thought?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I added the betta to my 55g to see how she will react to the other fish. Aside from her being a little snippy with the male Molly when he went to check her out she seems to be right at home here. The Molly proceeded to court the other mollies again and the betta seems to not mind the presence of him but is keeping a distance. The glassfish went to check her out with no problems and don't seem to care for her. The guppies seem to like hanging around her(mainly the young ones) and the dojo is just sitting on the bottom by himself. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1432150426.347608.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1432150462.917190.jpg
Keeping a close eye for any issues that occur

Keep calm and drum on

Back
Top Bottom