Betta fin rot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jujubee

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got in from a 10 day vacation, hoping for the best I left my fish with no one to care for. I'm super happy to say they are all alive, a little skittish and probably thinking what the heck.
The only one who seems to have suffered any problems is my betta, his tail fin is deff not okay, visible signs of fin rot or even nipping. I will be moving him tomorrow to my 10 gal quarantine tank.
Any suggestions in best way to help his healing process? Thank you!

I have heard aquarium salt is good for fin rot. Im using primeafix anti fungal at the moment for a eye problem in my angel fish but on the bottle it says its repairs fin rot

Sent from my LG-E460f using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you both!
How much should I dose for a 10 gal? I've read about the salt and many day 1 table spoon per 5 gal and then do a 100% water change and not to run the filter or lights
Is this correct or have I gotten some bad info?

Im not entirely sure on dose but the packet should give u the acurate amount.. good luck

Sent from my LG-E460f using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So today I watched the tank I had the beta in with 3 fry platy turns out the platy were actually nipping his tail fin. I separated the babies from the beta and now he is alone in the 20 gal. Should I still use some aquarium salt or treatment for his damaged tail or continue water changes and feedings leaving him be? I've never dealt with fin rot or nipping so I'm not sure how to go about this. After examining his tail I'm not sure it is fin rot and more so just tares from the platys but I do know nipping can cause fin rot

Back
Top Bottom