Betta Fin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, I agree he needs more hiding places. And even if that gravel isn't as bright as it looks, be assured it's bright to a betta. Floating plants would be excellent (even fake) as well as the log already suggested. He's stressed out. Here is a pic of my 55 gal. tank. I know it's a lot bigger than yours, but my betta sorority (among the other fish in there) love to hide and play in the plants.

022.jpg

Come back from my week away and his fin is like this.

What's the best course of action? Aquarium salt?

I can't move him to another tank as I don't have one my cardinals are fine.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431357598.055509.jpg

Hey everyone

So now I've seperated my fighter from all other fish however his fins aren't improving. He's been in a large breeding net style box for over a week now.
Water conditions are perfect and he's being fed once a day at the moment no wastage :)
The box is big enough to have his floating log so he can still hide in there if he wishes.
What do you suggest?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435163332.551702.jpg

Keep doing water changes. They will help his fin repair. That and it's a waiting game.

Caleb

So I'm doing water changes etc he's still segregated and his fins and now even worse I'm at a proper loss at what to do with him

He's lively enough and he swims around in the breeding net fine, obviously he prefers to be out and swimming in the tank only time I let him out into tht is when I'm doing water changes in keeping a close eye on him but I feel a bit useless as he's not actually getting any better, I know it can take a while to regrow mind.

Glad he seems to be good!!

Keep us posted.

I have an ailing female betta and I'm afraid her last day may be soon. I'm so sad.

Back
Top Bottom