Betta fish not doing well

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah ok! That's why it's not coming down. Now you have API ammonia lock yes? I wouldn't normally suggest this but.... Since you are trying to fish in cycle with ammonia in your tap water I'd use it until you can get some prime. I'm 99% sure it only converts the ammonia and leaves it still available for the BB. Keep up the water changes and testing and try and keep it as low as possible. :)
(I'm sorry if I wasn't reading so many threads I probably wouldn't get my wires crossed and would have suggested this earlier instead of telling you it will keep coming down with water changes.)

i got some betta fix. the question is should I move the neons out of the 5 gallon or treat the betta with the neons in there??

OK, I am using the betta fix, and it must be helping (either that or all the water changes are paying off) but in either case my betta is finally eating now. He has eaten 2 days in a row at least 2 pellets each day! I am very excited. I will keep you posted on his progress

Well, I hope this is not a bad omen of things to come... Found a neon floating at the top of my tank today. Off to change the water

Back
Top Bottom