Betta fish question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ADFlove91406

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a male beta fish in a one and a half gallon tank Very soon I'm going to be purchasing a 10 gallon tank with a filter I was wondering how often I should clean it he is going to have an all to himself

Are you going to have some kind of filter?

I have a betta in a 2.5gal. I run a Aquaclear20 HOB filter, set to as low a flow as possible. It has some Flame moss and Moneywort plants in it as well. I do a 50% water change ever 7days. I 'clean' the filter media every 2nd water change. He is happy.

If your not running a filter you may have to do water changes more often.

My 1/12
gallon has a filter and heater and my 10 gallon will have a filter

What kind of filter will it be running? And for cleaning I would just wipe up any obvious algae and do a water change once a week and occasionally like 4-6 weeks change the filter media :)

If you use a sponge in the filter shouldn't need to change it for awhile as long as you rinse it regularly in cool treated water. I'm on a well so just rinse mine under the tap as I am doing a water change, only change it completely when it stays a dirty brown colour & always make sure the new one has been "seasoned" with the old one for a week ahead of time

Back
Top Bottom