Betta fungus??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishboy123

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi
Recently I added all my fish from the small 15gal tank to a 105gal tank. All the fish are healthy and happy in there new home. The betta was happy exploring the new tank and i had no issues. Today I come to the tank and see the betta at the surface and had white patches on its body. I get a closer look and see that it is cotton like fungus. Why would he all of a sudden get fungus? All the other fish are fine. Even my clown loaches are fine and I know how sensitive they are. How can I treat him. I cant separate him as my other tanks have no heater. What should I do?

No thats when it started when he was moved into the big tank. He was healthy in the old tank

Could be stress of move, doesn't like higher water flow if case, bit of scale damage from move, there was a temperature change in water. Some ideas.

Treatment below will cover fungal and bacterial:

http://www.thatpetplace.com/fungus-guard-tabs-8pk

'Contains two antibiotics as Furan 2 (nitrofurazone & furizolidone) and an anti fungal (potassium dichromate). The fura antibiotics are milder, older meds. The Kdichromate is a strong oxidizer.'

Back
Top Bottom