Betta mates: Suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatoeSc

Aquarium Advice FINatic
We have a betta in about a 2 gallon desktop filtered tank. Is there anything we can put in there with him? Something small enough for the tank that he won't kill and eat?

Whatever you like best I like mts and assassins u could do them both the mts keep the assassin fed the asassin keeps the mts population in check.

Whatever you like best I like mts and assassins u could do them both the mts keep the assassin fed the asassin keeps the mts population in check.

What does mts stand for? (Don't know much of snails.)

Also, no real substrate. Just the decorative glass pieces. Dunno what it's called-looks like a flat marble?

In 2 gallons, your only real options are shrimp or snails.

Snails are the better bet since it's less likely they'll become a meal for your betta, but shrimp are more entertaining.

You could get a mystery, nerite, ramshorn, etc. Whatever type of snail you want, but if you get nerites or mysteries I'd only get 1 vs a couple of the smaller species.

With shrimp, I'd do a max of 5. Usually they say 10/gallon is a pretty good amount, but since you have a betta in there, you'll want to keep less to make up for the betta's bioload.

I'd prefer the shrimp, but I'm not wild about the ghost. I do like these nerite snails, too. I'm finding that I really need something that will keep the bottom clean(er). I assume RCS or CRS would be toast?

Depends on the betta but I'd say in most cases they're lunch. Do you have plants/decor?

Yes I agree about Tue shrimp being lunch unless you get lucky. I've hears if you get a young Betta and add it last you have more of a chance of it getting along with other mates.

Back
Top Bottom