betta sleep question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
normal no. possible i dont see why not. there is always fish that do weird things thats just not normal.

I think your betta needs a hug.
Mine sleeps on the bottom but thats jsut cause he has the room to do that.

If it was on its side id give it a little shake to wake em up.

I have one betta that use to sleep in a position that I thought it was dead. I don't know how many times I woke him getting ready to get rid of him. I had another one that would cuddle with a marimo ball.

He found a spot where he can curl up and lie under the log as if it keeps him from floating up. That was last night night and now he looks fine and healthy. I was just worried because when he was sick with what I think was swim bladder disease we was constantly doing such things. I had a previous betta that died of that so I'm constanly paranoid about it.
Thanks for the replies.

observing my tank at wee hours in the morning I find the betta sleeping in a plant completely relaxed and my tetras sleep vertically with their noses pointed towards the bottom entirely.

I had the same feeling. I thought mine was dead and then I just had to wake him up. It's wierd that a fish can sleep so deeply. One time I had to actually pick up the log to get him up. He was so hidden that I couldn't even find him..

Back
Top Bottom