Bettas and Ottos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Besta

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have 6 otocinclus in a tank with a betta, who were very active when i first got them. When I temporarily moved my betta into another tank they hid all day, rarely saw them.
Now that my betta is back in the main tank my ottos are out of hiding and more active again.
At first I would have thought they'd hide with the betta around but it seems to be the opposite.
Theres no real question here, just wanna hear some thoughts on this relationship, like do the ottos actually enjoy the company of a betta??

Left Overs???

Your Ottos may be waiting for left overs??? Your feeding schedule may have changed when you moved your betta out? Most bottom feeders are nocturnal and having an active betta, removed, could be why you are not seeing much in the way of activity during the day hours...Just a variable...I know I only see my bristle nose pleco once in a blue moon...My ottos in the early morning and late night...as I supplement them an hour after lights out and 30 mins before lights on. Hope this helps...

Back
Top Bottom