better filter system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

savy420

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i have a 12 gallon marineland eclipse tank with the filter it comes with(not so good) and a small submersible filter--does not seem to do a good job-thought i would ask if anyone has any suggestions because i am about to take a hacksaw to the back of the plastic hood to make room for a bigger hang on the back filter--really appriciate any advice-thanks guys!

Wow! I thought I was the only person in the world crazy enough to take a hacksaw to an Eclipse hood :mrgreen: . I chopped mine up to make room for a HOT refugium. You might look at a Penguin 125 or 170. They are pretty good filters and the bio wheels are hard to beat for biological filtration. I'm guessing this is a FW tank?

thanks-seems perfectly reasonable to me too-its fw. little oscars i have make a mess prob cause i feed them too much because i want them to get big--the filter on it just doesnt work that good. im going to just cut up the back a little for a bigger filter...

yeah--i bought them as babies and have a bigger tank for them to go into soon--they have not even been in there that long...amazing how fast they grow....

A single oscar needs more than a 55g, IMHO. I'd say a 75g is the minimum for one.

Back
Top Bottom