Bicher is turning green?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smitty

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, it isn't just my Bichir, but I was able to get a couple good pictures of him. This is almost like a glowing (florescent) green color that I just noticed taking pictures for my thread on lights. It is also on all 5 of my Tiger Barbs. I can't tell with the other fish.

I think the last pictures has the best view... again, this is on at least 1/2 the fish in the tank.

I wish I had an idea, I will bring this up to some other members and see if anyone has any ideas for you.

I appreciate any help. I lost a Tiger Bard last night... he/she turned milky white and then was dead in a couple hours. Don't know if it is related.

At least I tried to get some good picts of what is going on! :)

It is possible it is algae. Do you know your parameters? It may be related. All information on your tank that you can provide would be helpful.

It is a 55g tank, it has been up and running for about 4 months.

I take my water to the store once a week and they always say it is fine. I also have home test kits and everything is where it should be. I have the test tube kits-everything is just a range and a guess anyway, I don't have a digital readout or anything.

I do have some other green algae growing on a rock, so it is always possible. I also have some brown algae, but not a whole lot of it. I do have one pleco. I've tried having other algae eaters (like otto) but the Bichir eats them!

Back
Top Bottom