Bichir problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aspaceotter

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I just bought five or six new fish for my tank, a couple of Cory cats and a Bichir. everyone seems to be doing fine and getting along with the other inhabitants but the Bichir never seems to eat. He is my favorite fish so I was curious as to wether or not I should be worried about him?

55gal tank
4red fin tetras
1massive gourami
7gold barbs
4cory cats
1red tail shark
1bichir
2 mollies

He is going to eat some of those fish. I feed mine new life spectrum and they take to it quickly.

Mine hasn't been agressive or anything, the fish do run from him because he is larger but he doesn't ever acknowledge them. And him and the gourami have a territorial stance due to the size of both fish. But he seems to be eating like a scavenger I watched him flip rocks and eat flakes and pellets earlier today

I agree with Fishguy. Might be ok for awhile, but if it survives long enough it will look at the other fish as prey.

I can only hope your wrong. He's a beautiful fish it'd be a shame to have to put him in an isolated tank with feeder guppies

If you do end up putting him with feeders, make sure they've been QTed first. They can carry some nasty stuff.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom