Bichir's First Planted!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I need me one of those!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I need me one of those!

You have till August 8! Or at least in my petco...
It's honestly like the perfect tank size for a lot of applications.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I know I've been planning on either a micro rasbora or dp but man I was at my local petco like ten minutes ago and a gorgeous betta pulled out the "wouldnt I look great in your tank" sign.
Saw no noticeable illnesses and didn't appear to have that tail heaviness that many of those bettas have.
Here's a pic of him, what yall think?

I was just looking at those 40 breeders today online....lol
Gonna be a bit before I get one but it don't cost nothing to window shop.

Nice Betta‼️

I was just looking at those 40 breeders today online....lol
Gonna be a bit before I get one but it don't cost nothing to window shop.

Nice Betta‼️

Ha yeah!
And thanks! I really want him…

So this happened...

Thanks brookster!

Haha, hey man! Sorry... i was embarrassed how piddly my plant pack looked on paper:( my plants in the 30 long are on summer vacation it seems..

You really need to increase plant mass fast. Really helps against algae when it strikes

Haha, hey man! Sorry... i was embarrassed how piddly my plant pack looked on paper:( my plants in the 30 long are on summer vacation it seems..

Hey I still think I got a great deal! Hopefully I'll catch the next meeting...

You really need to increase plant mass fast. Really helps against algae when it strikes

Yeah tomorrow I'll head down to the petco near me and pic up a nice big bunch of plants...

Make sure they are all fully aquatic! These big stores sometimes stock marginal plants for ponds and such

You might could get away with bamboo if it was tall enough that the leaves stuck out of the tank :)

But watch out, white ribbon, peacock ferns, umbrella plants, mondo grass, all semi aquatic or not even aquatic.

Caleb

Make sure they are all fully aquatic! These big stores sometimes stock marginal plants for ponds and such

You might could get away with bamboo if it was tall enough that the leaves stuck out of the tank :)

But watch out, white ribbon, peacock ferns, umbrella plants, mondo grass, all semi aquatic or not even aquatic.

Caleb

Alright thanks you two! I planned on picking up a big bunch of ludwigia and a banana plant because I like them and don't judge me.
There's a club meeting the 8th of August but I don't want to risk it...

Went and got some pretty fine lookin Ludwigia and a very healthy banana plant.
Came home and picked out a nice spot for the Ludwig only to have that blow up in my face.
The darn things wouldn't stay planted despite my best efforts. Got pretty dang frustrated with the tank water looking like a mud puddle and the plant relentlessly floating. Needless to say that ludwigia is no more... ?
The banana is in a good spot but the tank looks awful. Hit a pretty big rut I guess, oh well. I've always liked the philosophy of- its not about how hard you get hit but about how fast you get back up.
Just decided it was best to back off and let it all settle, we'll see what happens next...

Bro, you could've floated them for a bit until they began to grow roots and then plant them..

sit in silence...

Completely understand Bircher, Ive struggled with several plants even when they had roots. I blame my fluvial strat substrate mostly though, you're using tweezers aren't you for planting.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom