Bichir's First Planted!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks man!
Fins a little tattered but should rebound nicely..cool betta!

sit in silence...

Actually I think what you're seeing is his coloration. It's actually a black/translucent color behind the white...
But anyway thanks!

Betta looks awesome! I can definitely see why you say he has the wild type genes, his head is bigger than any other betta I've seen!

Thanks dude!

He's also really really good at the begging game...

He looks awesome. I think time will tell here but eventually I think you'll see that black under tone come out. My betta was orange with this blue undertone but 6 months later he's got some solid metallic blue colourings on tail fins.

He looks awesome. I think time will tell here but eventually I think you'll see that black under tone come out. My betta was orange with this blue undertone but 6 months later he's got some solid metallic blue colourings on tail fins.

Thanks Matt! It'll be cool to see him as time goes on...

On a side note, betta related, I think my betta thinks he's a scarlet badis...he loves to go to the bottom and stalk all throughout the plants and get into spots in plants that he looks like an idiot in!
It's actually quite funny, I have the personality of a badis in the form of a betta! Here's a pic of him after he got caught...

He's at an awkward angle in this photo because I snapped the pic right before he wiggled out. He does this a lot and before this was taken he was navigating through the AR hedge but I'm assuming got embarrassed and left lol.

Who needs scarlet badis when you have that betta?ove that picture!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Got some RCS in drip now! One looks like an almost painted fire red and another of fire red high grade...
Pics to come of everything, stuff is starting to grow!!

And lastly him being a noot noot.

Star repens is doing really good, especially the clump on the right of the tank, lots of new leafs coming out.
AR is growing rather large, I don't know how the reds are doing, that's for you guys to judge!
Downoi is starting to straighten out and look more like it's supposed to.
Well that's about it, let's hope the RCS are still there after I get home in the late evening!

Tank is looking good. IMO the lack of tall plants makes the hardscape the focal point (which is good).
The AR mini looks healthy. Trying to get a nice red shade might be a challenge.
Trim and replant and you will have a staur carpet in no time.

Tank is looking good. IMO the lack of tall plants makes the hardscape the focal point (which is good).
The AR mini looks healthy. Trying to get a nice red shade might be a challenge.
Trim and replant and you will have a staur carpet in no time.

Thanks! I'm planning on doing some scheduled maintenance this weekend so I'll trim up the stars...

Has your betta been taking a keen interest in those shrimp yet??

Mine ignored everything for about a week. It now hunts shrimp and snails. Fun to watch but **** annoying

Has your betta been taking a keen interest in those shrimp yet??

Mine ignored everything for about a week. It now hunts shrimp and snails. Fun to watch but **** annoying

*edit* realized how political that answer was lol. He really seems to have a deep seeded interest to inhale them.
Hopefully they'll last but we'll see. Hey, he's a carnivore so can't say I blame him lol. It is actually funny to watch him slither into plants (uprooted two AR in the process) trying to get them but it is annoying as well lol.
Next test is to see if he'll tolerate actual feesh.....

I forgot you had a betta too. How's he doin?

Yea mine tolerates the fish no bother. Hes doing great! No issues with him jumping or anything like that. Now ive got him on a good diet of frozen brine with spirulina and live blood worms his colours are really coming out. He has little flecks of electric blue starting to appear on his deep red body. Also blue streaks in his tail coming. I think hes all but finished off my relatively new orange sakura shrimp colony i had added. Shame as they were expensive but at least he enjoyed them lol

Yea mine tolerates the fish no bother. Hes doing great! No issues with him jumping or anything like that. Now ive got him on a good diet of frozen brine with spirulina and live blood worms his colours are really coming out. He has little flecks of electric blue starting to appear on his deep red body. Also blue streaks in his tail coming. I think hes all but finished off my relatively new orange sakura shrimp colony i had added. Shame as they were expensive but at least he enjoyed them lol

Glad to hear it! I feed my guy frozen mysis shrimp and I'm fixing to put him on alternating between that and brine with a bloodworm treat. I'll see if anyone near me sells spirulina, haven't paid close enough attention to it.
He's gained a little weight though lol. He's really really good at the begging game!
He doesn't seem aggressive at all (the shramps probably think different) so I'm hoping he'll tolerate some tank mates. Possibly heading out this weekend to the LFS, maybe pick up a badis.....

Glad to hear it! I feed my guy frozen mysis shrimp and I'm fixing to put him on alternating between that and brine with a bloodworm treat. I'll see if anyone near me sells spirulina, haven't paid close enough attention to it.
He's gained a little weight though lol. He's really really good at the begging game!
He doesn't seem aggressive at all (the shramps probably think different) so I'm hoping he'll tolerate some tank mates. Possibly heading out this weekend to the LFS, maybe pick up a badis.....

I was thinking of a badis and was advised against it. I think Brookster told me it was not a good idea. He's pretty good with his fish knowledge

I have a shellans gourami in with the badis and rcs, he's only 2" but he's a doosher.. mashed some rcs already, harases the badis.. I think they're pretty similar in temperament to a betta?? Guess it's worth a shot guys, just be ready to move someone.. I'd take the badis over the gourami, they're little snipers, very entertainment and color is phenomenal to boot. Tank looks good bro, sorry my plants all sucked hahah.. think the heat got em?? If you need anything replaced send me a line, on the house ofcourse;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I was thinking of a badis and was advised against it. I think Brookster told me it was not a good idea. He's pretty good with his fish knowledge

I have a shellans gourami in with the badis and rcs, he's only 2" but he's a doosher.. mashed some rcs already, harases the badis.. I think they're pretty similar in temperament to a betta?? Guess it's worth a shot guys, just be ready to move someone.. I'd take the badis over the gourami, they're little snipers, very entertainment and color is phenomenal to boot. Tank looks good bro, sorry my plants all sucked hahah.. think the heat got em?? If you need anything replaced send me a line, on the house ofcourse;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hm ok, I'll check out the store and see what they got, kinda really curious to try this now. If the betta seriously dislikes the badis (or vice versa) I'll take the badis back. Worth a shot at least.
And thanks for the compliment! Don't worry about your plant pack dude it's what got this all going! Pretty sure the heat got em as well, actual heat got to 101, heat index was around 106.

Alright question time. So I have a current sat + pro and I cannot get the ramp timer to function. I'm fairly certain it's user error so hopefully someone can help.
I have programmed the ON and OFF times, I have also set the desired power levels but when I hit RESUME (this turns on and off the timer) on the remote it swings up to 100% on all spectrum and doesn't go down even after 15 minutes.
I don't know what's up and haven't been able to use the timer, like tonight I couldn't turn it on till 4 hours after its supposed to come on.
Anyone got any advice?

Back
Top Bottom