bio cube modifications?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliffz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Folks,
I understand there are suggested modifications to the Oceanic 14g biocube before setup? Can anyone detail these for me? Heard you have to trim inlets? remove partitions in filter? squeeze in a heater in filter? Which heater is recommended? FOWLR--Thanks

there are plenty, but its all about preference, the most common one ive seen is the removal of the bioballs in chamber 2 and putting LR rubble or purigen/chemipure etc. trimming inlets and removing partitions is not necessary at all, unless there is some big modification youre doing. you can place the heater where ever you want to, i had mine in the tank, but i just didnt like seeing it so i moved it in front of the filter cartridge in chamber 1.

i just have a little pre set heater i got from walmart because im cheap, but a 50W heater should be fine, which type is all preference

the only other thing i could think of is lighting mods, but those are costly and useless for a FOWLR unless you plan for a reef down the road

Thanks---right now its just going to be FOWLR. Hopefully i can get my levels correct and deal with the maintenance a SW tank I understand requires. Any recommendations on where to get RO water? Also--whats in the tank during cycling period? Live rock? thanks

live rock and argonite--for cycle--thanks
any recommendations on mixing salt/Walmart distilled water for initial set up?

a powerhead, heater, and a bubbler. put em together, get the right salinity, and let it sit overnight(or 24 hrs) in the jug/bucket

If you decide to add corals then I would recommend putting in another power head inside the tank. A floating magnet is a must have.

Back
Top Bottom