biocube 14 dimable retrofit kit reviews

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RicoNica

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Has any installed a "dimable retrofit kit" on a biocube?

I found this kit on:
www.rapidled.com

And I want to know what your thoughts are?

?

The first pic is the led kit which bolts onto the stock biocube hood and the second pic is of my biocube 14.

I have some corals in my BC that require more lighting n I found this kit on line. Trying to get some feed back on it.
I'm also hoping to save a little bit of money on hydro by installing this kit.

Any thoughts?

Retrofits are always a question. I went to the site and one positive is that the instructions are very detailed which will make installation relatively simple. They also offer a customized LED combination so you can change the blue/white percentage based on personal or coral preferences.

LEDs are supposed to "burn" brighter so it is a little more difficult to determine what type of wattage in the LED equals the amount of light.

You may not have the problem but the BC14 tends to run warm and LEDs are supposed to run "cooler" so that might be another consideration.

And trust me, if I, as a complete electrical illiterate, can retrofit a light setup, anyone can do it :) I retrofitted the Nanotuners extra CF in my 14 and just recently had to replace the fans as well.

I'm might be getting a retrofit from that site when my stock lights need to be replaced. They are just really expensive ($200) so I am not positive about it, especially since all of the corals that I am getting can be kept under stock lights :/

Back
Top Bottom