bioload comparison - neons and glowlight tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PerfectDepth

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I thought about getting a school of glowlight tetras, but I've seen conflicting information regarding their general size/bioload.

Some sites say that glowlights are generally larger than neons, however the aqadvisor.com calculator treats glowlights as 1-inch nano fish.

I know the difference in bioload is very slight, but that difference is more significant the larger the school. What is the general consensus?

Personally I think they are pretty comparable in bio-load. Over the years I've owned some neons that have grown very large. I've got 11 right now well on their way to being Jumbo's. So even in larger numbers I feel they are still pretty comparable. Both can grow larger than an inch.

In my experience, the bio-load between the two is pretty close. Especially at their typical buying size. My neons have always outgrown the glowlights as time progressed but I would expect the loads to be stay pretty close.

Back
Top Bottom