Biological breakdown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KPhilly

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This is a broad topic but I'm very curious how it works. I want to know what's taking place in my aquarium and what I can do to help provide a better lifestyle for my tank critters. I would like to just know what all is taking order from beginning to end and I guess we can kind of bounce around and discuss it. I know there must be others who are as curious as I am. Lets start from the beginning. We can use my tank for example. My tank is empty with nothing but play sand. It's a 90 gallon bowfront. The Fluval 406 cannister is hooked up and ready to begin cycling. I have my bucket of water and I'm about to Prime it. Lets say that I only know that chlorine is bad for my fish but I don't know why this might be. What does Prime do to my water? What does it remove and how does it benefit the life that's going to start in my tank?

I just want to know he inner working of my aquarium. From the bacteria to everything else! This topic will be freshwater. So, is there anyone who can help?

I'm hypothetically speaking about my tank, of course. It's actually cycled and has live fish and plants.

Back
Top Bottom