Black Ghostknife with smaller fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cinder

Aquarium Advice Regular
I hoping to get a BGK someday and am researching them now. Does anyone have experience with them and Black Phantom Tetras and Serpae Tetras? Will the BGK eat them or are they big enough to evade that end?

umm...i dont think the bgk would eat them...for one theyr'e really fast compared to it..but then again they use like electrical pulses to stun fish i think...them and elephant noses. I had an elephant nose, but i didnt have much luck w/him...both of these fish need pristine water conditions. i think the bgk w/eat ghost shrimp...i think thats what i heard..if not, i think bloodworms would work...both these fish are kinda known to not eat well at times. but as long as you DO make sure he eats a lot, he wouldnt/shouldnt have any reason to go after tetras, since that would seem like a total waste of energy to him (lol literally energy!)

HTH

sir_dudeguy said:
umm...i dont think the bgk would eat them...for one theyr'e really fast compared to it..but then again they use like electrical pulses to stun fish i think...them and elephant noses. I had an elephant nose, but i didnt have much luck w/him...both of these fish need pristine water conditions. i think the bgk w/eat ghost shrimp...i think thats what i heard..if not, i think bloodworms would work...both these fish are kinda known to not eat well at times. but as long as you DO make sure he eats a lot, he wouldnt/shouldnt have any reason to go after tetras, since that would seem like a total waste of energy to him (lol literally energy!)

HTH

They don't use the electromagnetic pulses to stun their prey. They use it to hunt their prey with, like bats do at night. It's how they see.

Back
Top Bottom