Black marks on my Parrot fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jstratman

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 36-gallon aquarium with 3 parrot fish and a catfish. The tank is only 2 months old and one of the parrot fish have black markings forming that looks like dirt smudges. I am assuming this is some form of algae. I have tested the water and the water looks good. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Oh OK. I currently have one, and in the past have had a couple more. One for over 10 years. I would see their color change, white, orange, red, pink, and occasionally get black marks on fins, face and lips. Prob just normal coloration changes

Id just watch it for a few days and make sure it doesn't spread or turn into something else. But it's prob just colors. Btw, that's alot of fish for that size tank. Those parrot cichlids get pretty big. My current one is about 8" with a huge head and lateral body

Yeah I was thinking as they get bigger I may need to get a bigger tank. Thanks for the advice and I will keep an eye on them.

Back
Top Bottom