Black Moor Fry Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4yannie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all, newbie here!
Two weeks ago my Black Moor laid eggs,
And I had no idea what to do, out of the 40 I scooped out,
Only 4 remain.
She has just done it again, and this time I have scooped out
A lot of fry eggs out which hatched and are in a small tank with
The two week old fry. I have at least 100 this time!
I have no idea what to do here, I want so badly for them to live, I don't
Know how to go about doing water changes with this amount of fry, which I've got in a children's size plastic tank.
I would really like some guidance, and what is crucial.
I am feeding them Liquifry and the tetra baby powdered food, changing the water every other day by way of emptying water out with a glass and putting clean water in the same way.
I leave the water untreated as the treated water seemed to kill the fry.
When my boyfriend bought me some beautiful fancy goldfish, I never even thought there would be babies....help! lol

I apologise for my lack of knowledge, I have googled it, but so many people have so varied method of raising fry!

Thanks in advance!

Congrats!!! Strained egg yolk is another good option to feed your babies in addition to what your feeding right now. Soon, they will be big enough for brine shrimp. Try to feed them 3-6x a day. Keep up the good work (carefully) changing their water every other day to daily. You ideally want to keep the water level @6inches right now to make feeding easier & to limit the amount of pressure from the water (which can lead to deformities). Unfortunately, as much as you would like to keep them all, you should start culling as soon as possible. Check out The GAB's (goldfish and aquarium board) forum- they have an entire section dedicated goldfish breeding & fry. Good luck! :)

Back
Top Bottom