Black PVC elbow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jsut hide it or cover it. WIth luck and good tank conditions it will grow coraline alage on it. Maybe you should rough it up with some sandpaper before puttign it in the tank.

ryguy said:
They'll be covered in coraline in no time. I wouldn't worry about it. But, there is clear pvc available, but it's pricey!!!

I wouldn't recomend clear pvc for plumbing inside your tank. Clear PVC means the light is also getting inside the plumbing, this mean algae and coraline, etc will also grow inside the plumbing. This will lead to eventual clogs as things build up and get cought inside on the build up etc.

I wouldn't recomend clear pvc for plumbing inside your tank. Clear PVC means the light is also getting inside the plumbing, this mean algae and coraline, etc will also grow inside the plumbing. This will lead to eventual clogs as things build up and get cought inside on the build up etc.

Very good point. I was only suggesting clear elbows, and thinking if he wants it to always look nice, it would need constant cleaning.

I found black PVC pieces and elbows at Home Depot. I was looking for a little cave for my 2-inch pleco. It's been awhile now since I had the pleco, and I don't know if what they had would be suitable for your use, but I do remember a number of different black PVC pieces at Home Deot.

just be sure what you use is still rated for... potable solutions? I think i have the wrong term.

Basically, the same reason you shouldn't use garden hose, it may have treatments etc that can leach into the water and cause you problems. Be sure it's safe to use for drinking water and you'll be ok.

Back
Top Bottom