Black worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blkworm@aol.com

I buy them on line from here. I just got a pound and a half for $37.00 (including next day delivery). I think the smallest size they sell is a half pound, but they keep for such a long time.

If that's still too many worms for you, email Dan there regarding distributors in Spokane.

HTH

This reminds me of when I stuck blackworms in water, then put them in a microscope slide that has an inner compartment. When I viewed them at 800x, I could see their insides, but I had to do a little microscope hide-and-seek. The next day, the inside of the container was red with blood. :shocked!: They were unviewable! I flushed them down the toilet, just as the rest of my problems. :wave: Bye-bye blackwormies!

These are the main staple for most of my fish. They must be rinsed thoroughly, as they come from stagnent water! I use a brine shrimp net & rinse them every time before feeding. I usually buy a 1/2 cup/week for my 8 tanks. I store them in a coolwhip container with holes on top, in 1/4" of water, with a few drops of liquid vitamens. Throw away any that loook bad.

:D Yes, that's the same company bioworldmaker. 1 1/2 pounds lasts me roughly 6 weeks. I think this is a bargain because I my lfs charges $2 per portion and I was spending over $20/week there. Well, I'm feeding 64 discus.

They must be kept in very very cold water and as puffergirl says rinsed thouroughly before feeding. I'm thinking however, that starlifter2 might be talking about tubifex worms which do come from muddy water . Black worms are raised commercially in clean flowing water and are much safer to feed.

I gave the email address because anyone can ask Dan there about the nearest retailer to them.

Back
Top Bottom