Blue dream shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stephen h

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone thanks for having me I’m new to keeping shrimp I have a little live freshwater aquarium I’m using rainwater I have some fluval stratum (mineral rich) and I have a few live plants dwarf grass,Java moss,1moss ball and a 2 lotus plants and I had that set up for just over a week and then got some blue dream shrimp. I purchased 10 and was sent 12 and I lost one the following day but I had put that down to stress during delivery ect. They have been in the tank for about a week now and seem to be doing great 4 have shed yesterday and I accidentally disturbed the stratum and saw two tiny little white specks popping about the Java so I’m guessing that’s some young. My ph on my meter is 7.51 I think I need to take it down a little bit but I’m going to get the meter recalibrated before hand and my TDS is 318us or 160ppm. My question is There seems to be a clear film that builds up in my external filter pipes and every so often it gets washed into the tank is it anything I need to be concerned about I’ve been sucking it up when I see it cause it doesn’t look nice floating around and any ideas on how to address it. Thanks for any help or advice

Back
Top Bottom