Blue gill fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those bluegills are extremely aggressive. I had some in my decorative pond outside. They attacked and ate anything they could get their mouths around. Fingers included.

Man some of you guys on here are uptight.

Big difference between uptight and cautious.......

If the fish have now been brought into a home environment, and placed into a tank with Lord knows what chemicals, then they are not the same fish they were when they were in the lake.

I would teach the child to respect nature and leave it where it belongs, in its natural state.

So you can guarantee that all of them crammed into a 10g - with no heater, filter, etc are going to be as healthy as they were when they were caught? You can be certain they haven't got any parasites?

In Pennsylvania (my home state) it is illegal to keep native species in home aquariums.

It's not about me being uptight. It is about doing the right thing. Boaters have to clean their boats before going to different lakes to keep invasive weeds out. Would you ignore those laws as well because the legislature is too uptight?

Last edited:
Perhaps so but everyone is overlooking the fact these are not kept fish. She has had them a few days not a few months. If they are returned now or soon none of the admittedly good information jet provided applies. Either way good luck.

Actually from what I've read, it applies to any fish that are not released immediately. I'm not here to debate the ethics of the subject as I'm torn on a few different points, just putting the facts on the table.

Actually from what I've read, it applies to any fish that are not released immediately. I'm not here to debate the ethics of the subject as I'm torn on a few different points, just putting the facts on the table.

Indeed. And I respect you for it.

Back
Top Bottom