Blue Gourami w/Pink Rashes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nay

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 40 gallon tank with 2 gold gouramis, a blue gourami, and a small kissing gourami. My gold gouramis are fine, but the blue gourami always hides in the cave. I also see the kissing gourami "kissing" it. I noticed a light pink rash by the fin on top and a couple small rashes on other parts of his body. I think the blue gourami is te only male fish in the tank. Does my fish have a disease or is this caused by the kissing gourami? If I need to set up another tank, I can't because my dad won't let me set up anymore tanks (I have 3).

about a year ago when i started out with my 30 gallon i had a similar set up to yours. 1 gold gourami 3 blues and 2 powder blues. (all very very small)... but right away i noticed the gold gourami was extremely agressive. nipping and biting everyone... including the pleco... i had 2 fish die of ich... removed the gold.. everyone is a big happy family now (in a larger tank of course)

dont know if your situation is the same or not... but removing the gold worked for me

-Brad

Back
Top Bottom