Blue lobster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whitey73

Aquarium Advice Regular
Wanting to get one but don't know if it would eat my fish what do you guy think?

Mumma.of.two said:
What fish do you have? Most likely, yes, it will.

Mostly tetras an a few barbs don't you think there fast enough to stay out of his reach?

I have two Cherax Lorentz crayfish, in a 35Gal tank, in there I also have 4 Glowlight Tetras (was 5) and 2 Diamond Tetras (was 4) So Im sure you see why as well as 2 Apple Snails. That said now some months on, there does seem a better "understanding" amongst everyone in the tank. So my crayfish night or day, seem to tolerate the fish more, so maybe that comes with time, in my opinion.

What is funny though is Crayfish behaviour towards my Apple snails, every few days one of the snails venture into the crayfish hideout and then what unfolds is like watching a Nightclub Bouncer eject an unruly guest, my Crayfish, Dexter, would grip the Apple snail before it goes into protective mode, move towards the exit and just flick it away.

What is funny though is Crayfish behaviour towards my Apple snails, every few days one of the snails venture into the crayfish hideout and then what unfolds is like watching a Nightclub Bouncer eject an unruly guest, my Crayfish, Dexter, would grip the Apple snail before it goes into protective mode, move towards the exit and just flick it away.

Id love to see a video of that LMAO

Back
Top Bottom