Blue ram help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Impulse09

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got 2 blue rams s little over a week ago. There is one very dominant one. I am not sure what sex they are, but the one dominant one always chases the other. Yesterday they were fighting it seemed like there fins were both flaring out and were bumping each other. The aggressive one prevailed. Is this normal behavior I have them in a 29 gallon. Hopefully the shy one don't die from stress.

Sounds like a pair with the dominant one being the likely male. Any chance for pics?

with out pictures of each one I couldnt tell you they may be both males and this would be normal but may stress the one out, but if its a male and female they could be courting I had one pair, pair up without aggression and I had another set pair up with alot of aggression they would chase eachother all over the tank and the female was the bully, Post some pictures it will help. Also just watch for their color make sure the one getting chased around isnt lossing his color or getting his fins nipped.

This is the one getting chased. There colors come out when the tank is dark

ForumRunner_20111024_224836.jpg

Back
Top Bottom